You want to ferment kombucha yourself at home?
For theYou only need 5 simple ingredients to make it. These ingredients can be varied and exchanged depending on your taste and personal preferences. Basically, we recommend that you only use organic ingredients for your kombucha and not unnecessarily feed your Scoby with possible harmful substances.
To make kombucha you will need:
- 1 large glass jar with a wide opening (approx. 1 - 2 liters volume), rinsed well with e.g. vinegar and without detergent!!
- 1Scoby "Kombucha Mushroom"
- tea – e.g. green tea, black tea, white tea (without flavorings / artificial additives)
- Cane sugar
- Filtered water at bestt
- Starter liquid or make very sour kombucha with a neutral taste as a make-up liquid
- 1 air-permeable, clean drape
Where can I get a scoby from?
You can use your Scoby Symbiotic Culture of Bacteria and Yeast – You can easily buy it on the Internet or you are lucky enough to have another Kombucha lover giving you a tea mushroom. Usually the starter fluid is supplied with most providers.
Thank you for reading!